Eyls'ayn

Welcome to the Eyls'ayn City. Please give your credentials to enter.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Eyls'ayn

Welcome to the Eyls'ayn City. Please give your credentials to enter.

Eyls'ayn

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the supernatural City of Eyls'ayn, the culmination of creatures that most people in our world deem mythical. However, they are very real. And they mix often with humans.

Come to Our Discord Channel

Latest topics

» Marking Our Turf [Level 0]
Assignments, Missions, and Tasks Rules and FAQ I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2019 11:22 am by Moody

» Just Another Smokey Bar
Assignments, Missions, and Tasks Rules and FAQ I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2019 8:47 am by Patience Rose

» Hogwarts High
Assignments, Missions, and Tasks Rules and FAQ I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 3:30 pm by Guest

» Family for the day.(level 0)
Assignments, Missions, and Tasks Rules and FAQ I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2019 6:28 pm by Saphire

» Please Hire Me [Mission Request]
Assignments, Missions, and Tasks Rules and FAQ I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 4:20 pm by Katharine Arachne

» Please Hire Me
Assignments, Missions, and Tasks Rules and FAQ I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 4:08 pm by Katharine Arachne

» Getting Through Customs (Completed)
Assignments, Missions, and Tasks Rules and FAQ I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 10:03 pm by Saphire

» Marking Our Turf [Level 0] (Taken by Moody)
Assignments, Missions, and Tasks Rules and FAQ I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 5:29 pm by Moody

» So um like... Ads? (level 0) (Finished)
Assignments, Missions, and Tasks Rules and FAQ I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 5:25 pm by Moody

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 174 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:29 am

Remember to Vote

Top RP Sites

Assignments, Missions, and Tasks Rules and FAQ

Dungeon Master
    Dungeon Master
    Admin

Character sheet
    Group:
    Health Bar:
    Assignments, Missions, and Tasks Rules and FAQ Left_bar_bleue999999/999999Assignments, Missions, and Tasks Rules and FAQ Empty_bar_bleue  (999999/999999)
    Armor Bar:
    Assignments, Missions, and Tasks Rules and FAQ Left_bar_bleue999999/999999Assignments, Missions, and Tasks Rules and FAQ Empty_bar_bleue  (999999/999999)

Assignments, Missions, and Tasks Rules and FAQ Empty Assignments, Missions, and Tasks Rules and FAQ

Post by Dungeon Master Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:59 am

Assignments, Missions, and Tasks Rules and FAQ CwnDpMk

What is the difference between Assignment, tasks, and missions. As well as Events vs site-wide events?

Assignments are events that are given to a player by a staff member; these are usually based on a character's story.

Tasks tend to lead more toward artisans; these events will involve creating something with the instruction of a staff member. The items crafted can then be sold to NPCs or sold to players.

Missions are when an NPC from your faction requests help with something. These missions can be a variety of things.

What do I get out of doing them?

Once you finish an event, your character will be rewarded with a level and ca$h depending on the level of the mission, and any added cash for special mission reasons. (Plus bonus, if the staff member awards it due to good RP.).

Events 1-5 Payout - 30/100
    Events 6-10 Payout - 150/200
    Events 11-15 Payout - 200/400
    Events 16-20 Payout - 400/600

What should I expect in a Assignment, Task, or Mission?

In an Assignment, you'll be given a goal or idea by a staff member, and depending on the actions you take the staff member with guide you toward that goal, the result might become a permanent story arc inside of our world. Once finished you will receive ca$h (And maybe bonus), and a level.

In a Task, you will be making an item, depending on your character's craft. Tasks work a little differently, instead of the staff member telling you what your goal is, you as a player, tell the staff member what you want your character to achieve. Once that goal has been made, the item crafted can be sold to an NPC or player. Price of the item for an NPC might change depending on the crafter's level, to more expensive depending on what the staff member decides. (This will often be affected by how well the RP was done, what rolls were made and so on.) If an item is made for a player, your price will be discussed between characters, and the cash will be taken from the buyer. And you will ONLY receive a level if the item created was equal to your current level. (No making smaller grade items for the sole purpose of farming levels ya cheaters!)

In a Mission, your character will be given a specific goal, and the staff member will help guild that player through the mission. As the end of the mission, if the goal has been achieved your character will receive ca$h (maybe bonus for good RP and special conditions), and a level.

How do these events work?

In a nutshell, you will start by making a thread and posting the mission request info into it as your first post. After it has been approved (Or taken) by a staff member, they will do their first post introducing you to the situation your character faces, the info they need to know/already know, and what the surrounding area around them looks like. During this mission, you might have to make Talent checks, combat rolls, or other rolls depending on what the Staff member asks of you! After the goal of the mission is achieved you will receive money and a level.

CLICK THIS LINK TO LEARN HOW TO DO ROLLS

Posting order in a mission:

Posting orders in missions are simple enough; it will usually start with the staff member first, next will be a player, followed by either another player or the staff member again.

Can I fail my events?

Yes... Yes, you can. A failure counts as a few different things. Your character's hp falls to 0, and they die. Or their Hp drops low enough you decide to quit the mission. Another fail would be not being successful in obtaining your goal, or if the staff member deems the task impossible and gives you a "mission failed."

Be warned; if your character takes enough damage or a severe injury is sustained, a staff member might require you to go make a healing thread after the event to recover health points.

Mission restrictions, level, faction, items needed:

Reasons you might not be able to do a mission include; your character is not high enough level, you're not the right faction or don't have someone joining you from the right faction, or you don't have an item needed to complete a mission.

Requesting a event to be modded, how to link 'here.'

Making missions:

If you've got an idea for a mission feel free to post the idea using our format here. You might get rewards for new missions.

Rolls, and how they work, how to do them:

Often the staff member guiding your event will ask you to do a roll of some sort. This means combat rolls and talent checks.

To roll for a combat roll, you'll need to make two rolls in one post. First, roll a proficiency check. If you are using a weapon, your character is proficient in you'll roll proficient, if not you'll roll unproficient. From there it will tell you whether your attack hits or misses. The second roll you'll make is a milestone roll to see what sort of damage you do. The milestone you roll corresponds with your weapon. Milestone 1 weapons use milestone 1 rolls.

Talent checks are a little different. If a staff member asks you to do a Talent check first, you need to figure out if you have said talent or one that could also work. Meaning this would be a proficient roll. If not then you'll be rolling unproficent. The outcome of your roll will affect how well your character performed their talent.

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 11:23 pm