Eyls'ayn

Welcome to the Eyls'ayn City. Please give your credentials to enter.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Eyls'ayn

Welcome to the Eyls'ayn City. Please give your credentials to enter.

Eyls'ayn

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the supernatural City of Eyls'ayn, the culmination of creatures that most people in our world deem mythical. However, they are very real. And they mix often with humans.

Come to Our Discord Channel

Latest topics

» Marking Our Turf [Level 0]
Not Exactly a Date I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2019 11:22 am by Moody

» Just Another Smokey Bar
Not Exactly a Date I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2019 8:47 am by Patience Rose

» Hogwarts High
Not Exactly a Date I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 3:30 pm by Guest

» Family for the day.(level 0)
Not Exactly a Date I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2019 6:28 pm by Saphire

» Please Hire Me [Mission Request]
Not Exactly a Date I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 4:20 pm by Katharine Arachne

» Please Hire Me
Not Exactly a Date I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 4:08 pm by Katharine Arachne

» Getting Through Customs (Completed)
Not Exactly a Date I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 10:03 pm by Saphire

» Marking Our Turf [Level 0] (Taken by Moody)
Not Exactly a Date I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 5:29 pm by Moody

» So um like... Ads? (level 0) (Finished)
Not Exactly a Date I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 5:25 pm by Moody

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 174 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:29 am

Remember to Vote

Top RP Sites

2 posters

Not Exactly a Date

Rune Tyche
    Rune Tyche

Character sheet
    Group: Employed
    Health Bar:
    Not Exactly a Date Left_bar_bleue30/30Not Exactly a Date Empty_bar_bleue  (30/30)
    Armor Bar:
    Not Exactly a Date Left_bar_bleue0/0Not Exactly a Date Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Not Exactly a Date Empty Not Exactly a Date

Post by Rune Tyche Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:56 pm

Lightly painted nails tapped the table gently, strumming along to the beat of the light melody that played in the background of the small and quaint café. The scent of coffee and sweets filled her nose as she moved her fork around her plate with the other. The small piece of carrot cake was pretty much in pieces at this point, left mostly uneaten as her crimson gaze moved around the small outdoor seating area. It was a very strange occurrence for her to be so… Down? Was that the right word? She didn’t know. She just felt like there was a huge lump in her stomach and it constantly turned and twisted, making her uncomfortable as she shifted in her chair.

A rather modest dress that was a dusty rose color, full of lace that flowed down to her ankles. The fabric was rather loose in comparison to what she normally would and covered most of her body, though it left her arms still bare to the cool spring morning. At least her other parts were covered? And she was even wearing undergarments, even though she hated them. Her make up was lightly done, long black locks lightly curled and actually up for once in a slightly messy half up half down twisted braid.

This wasn’t a date. Not in a conventional way. And part of her almost felt guilty for luring Salem out unsuspecting into this sort of situation, but… There were other circumstances to take into account. Such as the reasons why she’d done it and the fact that she was worried that Salem would turn her down without any real information on the fact. So she’d lied. Said that it was going to be something like a group walk around with him, Silky and herself, but she hadn’t planned to bring Silky along this time.

Her eyes turned to the phone that sat on the table in front of her. No new messages, which honestly was quite rare, but she’d told everyone she’d be unavailable for the day and left her ‘work’ phone at home for Silky to take for her. Today was going to be… Strange. And new. But… What if this was all too much for Salem? Unlike other people, she didn’t like the thought of rattling him in the way she did most people, trying to get a rise out of them, so to say. Since she’d all but claimed him as one of her favored companions, she hadn’t really been sure which category to put him in. He wasn’t a lover and she didn’t quite think of him solely as a friend either. He had the potential to be a lover, but maybe not? He just perplexed her with his entire being and it made her curious and aware of him in a way she hadn’t felt before. It wasn’t exactly an attraction, but it wasn’t not attraction either.

That lump twisted in her stomach again and she shifted once more, setting her fork down to run her fingers through her hair, knowing if she chewed her lip as she normally did, her make-up would smear. This was why she hated the face paint, but… It did its job quite well at times like these. When she really wanted to get dressed up, she knew how, but most of the time, she simply preferred not to. It was a waste of time for make-up that would just get smudged and then have to be washed off later.

Another peek at her phone for the umpteenth time in the past… Had it really only been ten minutes? She had shown up early, but still… She’d ordered them both coffee and herself this piece of carrot cake, had had a chance to tear apart said carrot cake with her fork as she thought over her plan and quietly contemplated which section to place Salem into and it had only been ten minutes? She still had another twenty-five minutes until the time they’d arranged to meet?

A loud sigh escaped her as she unlocked said phone and opened a game of Candy Crush while she waited surprisingly patiently for her human to arrive at the cafe, but her mind couldn’t focus. Her fingers swiped uselessly until she was out of lives again and she closed the app, taking another look around. Still nothing. Dammit… She just needed to track him down one of these nights and meet him at his house from now on. At least then, she could relax without the fear of being stood up. No, that wasn’t the right word. This wasn’t a date, exactly.

----------------------------------------------------
    Enter one Rune wearing an unusually modest dress with her hair done up like this
    Salem Bones
    Salem Bones

Character sheet
    Group: Unemployed
    Health Bar:
    Not Exactly a Date Left_bar_bleue30/30Not Exactly a Date Empty_bar_bleue  (30/30)
    Armor Bar:

Not Exactly a Date Empty Re: Not Exactly a Date

Post by Salem Bones Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:06 pm

It was a… Relatively good sleep for the horror novelist. Salem wasn't sure if him getting accustomed to his nightmares was a good thing or a cause for concern, but for once he at least awoke with minimal panic. It was still a horrific nightmare, as per usual, but he felt somewhat removed from it in ways he hadn't before, which he figured was likely because he was just too exhausted to be invested in the goings-on of it. It happened before when he was so sleep-deprived he could have easily slept through a nuke and not even blink. It was a small blessing that he definitely appreciated.

The novelist's phone went off after he had already awoken, as per usual. Only this time it was seconds before, not hours. It was the phone's calendar, reminding him of the plans Rune and Silky made with him for the day. At first, Salem thought the ringing was in his ears from the time those siren babies unleashed their terrible cries out in the mall a day or two ago. Though after it only rang once and then stopped, he deduced it must have been from an outside source. Reaching over to his phone groggily as he looked at the screen to confirm, he deleted the reminder and slowly got up out of bed and looked to the window. It was nice and clear outside, pleasantly warm. A stark contrast to his dream from seconds ago, and a welcome one. Salem ran the gamut of his morning routine, complete with shower, bruising his teeth, combing his hair… The works. He always woke up early to be as thorough and presentable as possible. It was a habit, as he didn't like being rushed. And he had plenty of time to spare to boot. He took the time to enjoy the smell of his coffee as he poured it in his cup, but by the time he did, he realized their day was to begin at a café. If he only remembered that sooner. What a waste of a perfectly good cup of joe.

It was fairly breezy outside. Not enough to contrast the heat all that much but enough to probably bring a chill on this warm day, and he could do without catching a cold. As he put on his usual white shirt and red tie combo (which had become something of his signature look), he took with him a leaf-green, light jacket for good measure.

As Salem spotted Rune, he was pretty taken aback. Rune was a looker, there was no debating that, and he instantly spotted her the moment he walked in, but she looked much different than before; wearing a much more modest dress than Salem was accustomed to seeing, lacy and free but still settling around her form nicely and tastefully accenting her features in spite of it, and with her hair, formerly flowing wildly, now gently tied into a braid behind her yet still flaring behind her ever so slightly. It was like Salem was simultaneously looking at someone he knew and another person all at once. He gazed briefly, stunned with his cheeks reddening briefly, although he managed to collect himself and clear his throat to calm down before Rune turned to acknowledge his presence: she seemed to be starting at her phone, and Silky was nowhere in sight. Salem figured she just arrived early, but after spotting two coffees and two carrot cakes with only one person there, he deduced that Silky probably went to the washroom briefly while they waited for him to arrive. Oh no. He wasn’t late, was he? “Ah, g’morning, Rune, uh… I’m not late, am I?” Salem asked, starting to feel a little guilty for making Rune the two wait. In spite of this, Salem looked… oddly refreshed, more than Rune had ever seen before. He tended to have a lazy look in his eyes, and bags under them to compliment them, but though he wasn’t exactly brimming with vigor, today he looked like he had a fairly decent sleep for a change; which in a manner of speaking was the case. As he looked down to the table, he spotted the two cakes, eft untouched and the other torn apart by Rune’s fork absentmindedly. “You’re really mangling that carrot cake. Sorry, I hope you two weren’t waiting for me before eating. They look pretty tasty.” He said with a slightly sheepish smile.

---

Enter Salem sporting a light, green jacket
    Rune Tyche
    Rune Tyche

Character sheet
    Health Bar:
    Armor Bar:

Post by Rune Tyche Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:17 pm

It was so unlike her to be like this. Why was she all gussied up anyway? Why would Salem even care if she was in her usual ‘promoting attire or not? The answer was, he likely wouldn’t. He was likely so accustomed to her overly revealing and slutty clothing that what she was wearing now would likely come as a shock. Her gaze shifted to her clothing, clothing that she had bought with the help of Silky. Her hair and make-up had also been done by the succubus, much to Rune’s relief. It wasn’t that she didn’t know how to do make-up and hair, it was just that she really didn’t like to. She much preferred her hair loose and her face clean. But… Why was she doing such things now?

She took a shaky breath as her nose played tricks on her. The scent of her human’s cologne tickled her senses as it always did. Compared to those in her line of work that coated themselves in harsh chemicals to cover up their natural scent or to just make themselves smell ‘better’, Salem’s was light and matched rather well with the smell that it faded into as the day went on. Her mind went deeper into things that made her shake her head, her curiosity shaken off as her gaze scanned the crowd once more, only to spot the human on her mind as he approached her.

A fond smile spread over her lips as she leaned forward slightly toward him as he greeted her. Adorable as always. It wasn’t in the most punch to the stomach kind of attraction, nor was his presence overwhelming. He didn’t try to dominate her with his presence and it made it easy to be around him. “Good morning, Salem. You’re not late, I just didn’t have anything else planned, so I figured I might as well be here.” Half lie. She’d cleared her schedule for the day to make sure she wasn’t busy.

But it was strange to see her human without those tired circles under his eyes or the air that he would really rather be curled up in a bed trying to get some much-needed sleep. Her smile softened as she gestured toward the seat across from her. “You look like you slept well last night, for a change. Perhaps a Siren’s song has the ability to scare away whatever... keeps you awake at night.” She winked at him with a suggestive smile before giving a laugh to indicate she was only playing with him.

Her hands stilled as he pointed out her mangled cake, that crimson gaze flicking down to the messy crumbs on her plate. Nerves had gotten the best of her and she fought once more to not bite her lower lip. And then… ‘You two’... Shit. She hadn’t thought of an excuse as to why Silky wasn’t here and considering she’d lied to him, could she honestly say such a thing and still be the same in his eyes. Turning her eyes back up to the human, she gave a slight smile before indicating with her hand for him to take a seat. “The coffee and cake are for you, Salem. Have a seat and eat with me while we wait for her, hmm? She said she might be busy this morning, so she might be running a bit late.” Well… That was a complete lie, but she tried to cover up her previous lie with the new one with a smile.

Turning the conversation away from Silky, she smiled brightly to her companion and leaned forward on the table. “So, Salem~ It’s a good thing you slept so well~ There’s a lot planned for today~” She purred in an almost sultry tone as she smiled over at him across the table. “Was there anything you wanted to do today? I was planning on a day to just kind of hang out? No taking money for jobs this time around.” She laughed softly as she watching him, her gaze focused solely on him. It was a weird thing. A sort of puppy-like fascination that she couldn’t quite shake. It was like… He was the only person in the room and she leaned forward, resting her elbows on the table as she slipped off one of her flats and ran her foot up his leg. “We each get to do something we think is fun and I’m particularly interested in what you find ‘fun’~”[/color][/color]
    Salem Bones
    Salem Bones

Character sheet
    Health Bar:
    Armor Bar:

Post by Salem Bones Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:32 pm

Salem exhaled in relief. Good, he could have sworn he set the alarm properly. The last thing he needed was for a surprise Daylight Savings to make him keep the others waiting while he was having some shut-eye. "That's good. I was raised to never keep a lady waiting. Having to keep two waiting would have especially disappointed my parents should they hear about it." He joked. As Salem sat down, Rune briefly examined his features, showing slight surprise to see him looking oddly well-rested. To that end she made a comment in jest about what kept him up at night, adding a suggestive tinge to it as she followed it up with a wink. Salem smirked wryly in response. But it was a tad more pained than humorous, given what the true culprit of keeping him awake really was. "Right? Who would have guessed that an ear-splitting headache an unhealthy dose of Tylenol is the secret to a good night's sleep?" He reported, piling on to her joke. Although he could still hear the ringing from back at the mall. At least he could hear Rune well, now. But he was hoping whatever the siren babies did wasn't permanent…

Salem raised his hand, pointing an index finger up in the air to get the attention of a waiter. Rune had interjected around that time, telling him that the cake and coffee on the table were for Salem. "Oh? Oh, alright. Thanks." He said, putting his hand back down and turning his attention to the food. Starting with the coffee, of course. Even well-rested, he can't have a proper conversation without his lifeblood, as he skipped it this morning.

"So, Salem~ It’s a good thing you slept so well~ There’s a lot planned for today~"

Salem had just cut and placed a piece of the cake in his mouth as Rune spoke, with a very sultry tone to her voice that had taken Salem pretty off guard. As per usual, he wasn't able to get a read on her at all. His eyes turned to her with the fork still between his lips as he calculated how exactly he was supposed to respond to that, his cheeks reddening again briefly. But he calmed himself and washed down the cake with the coffee as he just brushed it off as Rune being Rune. "T-There is? I for one can't wait to get started." He said, politely brushing his lips with a napkin before he spoke. Rune reassured him that they weren't going to go looking for work this time around. "Good. I'm still recovering from my last job." He said with a wry smirk as he pointed to his ears. All their ventures into business had ended in disaster one way or another. From steroided, angsty teens to screaming sirens, to blowing up a gorgon's kitchen… he could use a day off. But… oh, crap. What does Salem do for fun? God, he hasn't just had a moment to really do anything for fun on a while. Mostly he just read. Studied for his next book. Went to the gym. Healthy body, healthy mind and all that.

When was the last time he just did something _fun_ with someone? Well, in the traditional sense of the term. He'd been on dates before, and they went… places, but he never really did anything traditionally social beyond that. He was just too accustomed to business. "Ah, well… you know… Stuff." Salem continued to wipe his lips with the napkin, though there was nothing there to wipe off. It's like he was stalling for time to think of a proper answer. But entirely by chance, a thought occurred to him. If they were planning to do things today, they needed to make reservations as soon as possible. It was a big city with lots to do, of course. But also there was a lot more people wanting to do said things. "Before we head out we should probably make reservations where we can." Salem said, putting down his napkin and picking up his phone. And then said what was probably the worst thing imaginable for Rune to hear at that moment. "And as soon as possible, too. I'll give Silky a quick call to see if she's got things she wants to do, then we'll talk about reservations and fitting it into our day plan."
    Rune Tyche
    Rune Tyche

Character sheet
    Health Bar:
    Armor Bar:

Post by Rune Tyche Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:47 am

Rune laughed softly as he started out, sighing with his clear relief and then a random comment caught her off guard. His parents… He wasn’t from this world which meant that his parents were likely in the other world. Did he miss them? Did he want to see them again? And… Was that possible? He’d have to leave their world in order to be able to do so and the likelihood of him coming back was slim to none. Her gaze fell for a moment as she thought about it a bit more seriously than she usually would have. Some people had good families, she knew this to be very true, but her experience had always been terrible when it came to her family. What were Salem’s parents like, she wondered to herself? Did he look more like his mother or his father? Or did he look like the adorable image of both? What were his baby pictures like? So many questions ran rampant through her head in such a short amount of time, but she kept them all at bay, locked away in her head as Salem continued her joke.

Rune gave a soft laugh at him and shook her head. Poor dear… Her ears knew well the pain of those wailing babies, but he was human which also meant his healing capabilities were not quite on the same level, though, to be fair, hers weren’t really more progressed than his. “I hope the carrot cake is alright? I honestly wasn’t sue what kind of food you would like and almost ordered you coffee cake instead, but…” She shrugged slightly with a smile toward him as he sat down across from her and grabbed the coffee. By now, she knew fairly well how he liked and had ordered it as such, but hopefully it wasn’t too cold by now.

Her gaze followed his fork in it’s usual manner, but it was likely just from the years of her job that such actions had become almost habitual now. She knew how to make it seem like she was extremely interested in someone and for Salem, it wasn’t faked as it was with most people. Her smile widened as his cheeks flushed red and she gave him a teasing grin. It was a very good look for him, if she did say so herself. Those crimson eyes looked away as he composed himself briefly. “I’m also still recovering, so I understand. Even with my inhuman blood, I don’t have the advanced healing that some creatures around here do.” And to think that her ears were particularly sensitive too made it even worse for her. She’d been brought to an almost human level of hearing for the last few days.

Her brows raised as he different specify what exactly he liked to do for fun. ‘Stuff’ wasn’t a good answer and her mind only ran wild with the possibilities. ‘Stuff’ could be a very large amount of things in her book, from running to hunting to finding whores on dark ally streets to sniffing drugs off unclean surfaces. Worry instantly took over the protective side of her and her brows knit together before she reminded herself that Salem… Likely wasn’t the type. Likely. Quite honestly, she didn’t know too much about him other than what he’d told her in their short little conversations. Not nearly enough to make sure that her human was using protection to keep him from getting any diseases that floated around Eyls’ayn, specially when he didn’t have a semi-advanced immune system to their different kind of viruses.

She swallowed hard before she turned that concerned look toward her human. It wasn’t her business if he did such things, but… “Whatever you’re doing, you’re making sure you’re safe, right?” She asked him softly, her voice dripping with concern. She could only take his dodging of the question as it being something he didn’t want to tell her about.

But as he quickly moved to another subject, talking about reservations, which she already had for the most part, she just smiled happily, about to tell him that for the most part, she already had tickets and everything else that they would need for their excursion, he said words that literally made her heart sink and a slight panic take over. Her mind quickly went into overdrive as she tried to find a way to ease the situation so the she didn’t get caught in her lie. “We live together, Salem. We’ve already gone over everything we both want to do~” She said confidently. “And I already have tickets and everything planned out for that stuff. All that’s left is what you’d like to do on our little outing.” She said confidently to ease him away. “Let’s not bother her while she’s busy, hmm? She’ll arrive when she gets here and while we wait, we can eat and shoot the breeze.” She said with a happy smile, hoping to god he actually put the phone down, but… Just in case, she picked up her own phone, and sent Silky a text that read ‘Please call me and tell me you can’t make it to the outing. Salem is getting antsy and I may have fibbed.’

She waited a moment with her phone in her hand as she smiled over at Salem. Right away, her phone rang and she picked up with a “Hello, my beautiful Silky Lace~” She purred into the phone adoringly.

“Hey, Runey~  Oh yeah... About that... I'm caught up making cupcakes right now for the girls, sorry I won't be able to make it!"

“Whaaat? So it’ll just be Salem and I?” She asked, almost pouting a little as the bell like voice on the other side laughed soothingly.

“Sorry, sorry. I love you. I really got to go, so I’ll talk to you later. Bye bye~” And with that, Silky hung up and let Rune with a dial tone as she turned toward Salem with a sheepish smile.

“Well, Salem… Looks like it’s just the two of us. Silky got caught up baking cupcakes for the girls.”
    Salem Bones
    Salem Bones

Character sheet
    Health Bar:
    Armor Bar:

Post by Salem Bones Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:16 am

When Salem mentioned the thing about "stuff," not once did it cross his mind that he was potentially speaking slang for some darker, under the table stuff. But Rune had apparently taken it that way, which lead to a puzzled reaction from Salem. Why would he need to be safe? What did she think he was doing, exactly? "... Um. Sure. Of course." He said, trying to reassure her, but for the life of him he didn't know what he was reassuring her of.

As he was about to call Silky, Rune had interjected telling him about the fact that she and Silky lived together so they would have already made plans accordingly. Salem felt a little stupid, having scrolled to Silky's number, but he pressed the Home button and locked his phone as he set it to the side. "Right, right… Well, just as you told me, I wanted to be careful." He smiled sheepishly with his poor attempt at a joke. But then by some extremely weird coincidence, Silky had called Rune. The timing was just too on point for Salem to not be thrown off by it, but he didn't suspect much beyond what a coincidence the whole thing was. Rune then hung up the phone and then told him that Silky wasn't going to be coming along with them after all. Something about cupcakes. "Oh, I see… that's a shame." Salem said with another sip from his coffee, though much to his own surprise there wasn't all that much disappointment in his voice. Not that he disliked Silky at all, not even close, but Rune… No, nevermind, his overactive imagination was imagining things again. Then again, if it were any other woman the signals she was sending would have been pretty overt, but with Rune, Salem could not figure it out. In a way it intrigued him, but in another it felt like he was stuck in a maze.

"I guess I have to pick up the slack then, um…" Crap. Salem had to think up something to do. But what do people even do in Eyl'sian? "Oh, I know, how about bowling? I haven't done that in a long while. I was pretty good, too, last I checked." He suggested. But as the words came out it sounded kind of stupid. It was a fairly good suggestion. People go bowling all the time; It's a game that's easy to get into, it's fun and satisfying, and it's social as there's a lot of downtime. But stack that up in a city brimming with literal magic around every corner and it sounds akin to staying home and watching TV. "... To be honest, I don't really know what counts for quality entertainment in this world. Back in mine it's mostly movies and sports." He admitted with a wry smile. But that did get his mind going as he scratched his chin in thought. "But maybe after bowling, I suppose… I would like to see what magic is like. I guess to you all it is sort of a daily and dull sort of thing, but magic is nonexistent where I come from. People imagine what it must be like all the time there. "
    Rune Tyche
    Rune Tyche

Character sheet
    Health Bar:
    Armor Bar:

Post by Rune Tyche Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:52 am

Was he just confused as to how she thought of such things so quickly and had pointed them out or was he confused as to what she was talking about when she asked him to be safe? She didn’t know and she wouldn’t ask him. It was none of her business as long as he agreed to be safe. Rune knew better than anyone that someone being overprotective only pushed people to rebel more and Salem… Was someone she didn’t want to push away from her. She simply nodded her head in agreement to his words as she let the talk of such things drop, turning to the topic of Silky.

A soft laugh rose from her as he told her he just wanted to be ‘careful’. Such an innocent little creature he was. “You are far too adorable for your own good.” She laughed as she shook her head and finally took a bite of her carrot cake before her phone rang. Her eyes didn’t look up at Salem as she spoke to her best friend, afraid she’d give everything away easily enough if he tried to read her too much. She never had been a very good liar in ways that didn’t involve seduction. She could lie the pants off of someone, but lying to them in any other way was… Different. And with Salem, it made her feel almost guilty, but… She didn’t want to risk being stood up either.

Though much to her surprise, and quiet joy, he didn’t sound nearly as bummed as she thought he might be about having to spend an entire day alone with her. Rune knew better than anyone her shortcomings and the fact that she had a tendency to be exhausting to be around to those who didn’t share her amount of energy or her ways of dealing with people. Salem was quite different than she was in those terms. He was generally quiet and seemed much more innocent to her teasing which was charming to her and caught her attention much more than those who tried to pick her up or faked their bravado.

Crimson eyes went wide for a moment as he mentioned picking up the slack, surprise taking over her face before melting into a mischievous grin. She was about to tease him a bit more when the word ‘bowling’ ran from his lips. Instantly, she sat back in her chair and just looked at him quietly. Had he seriously just said ‘bowling’? She’d gotten dressed up and he wanted to take her bowling? Rune blinked at him a few times before she tried to fake a smile, which didn’t work well. For her human… For him, she might… But she’d have to go buy a change of clothes first. There was no way she was going in this dress.

“Movies are always fun, and we do have sports events too if you’re interested in them. They also do plays rather regularly in the theaters, which I can always get us into. My family has a permanent private box in the one in the center of town.” She said with a slight shrug as if it really was no big deal. As the heir to a global company that shared news to so many different countries around the planet, she never had to worry about such things. Even if she hated her family, it did have its perks from time to time. “As far as bowling goes, I honestly don’t think I've dressed appropriately for such an activity. I’d need to go buy an entirely different outfit… Could I possibly offer you a rain check on that and say next time we can go bowling?” She offered him with a sheepish smile of her own, hoping he would take it easily and not fight her on it.

“But magic… Hmm… If you’d like, we can go to the boardwalk, I suppose? They have some street performers that always make an interesting show of magic. Or there’s a show that plays often… They are a bit more on the showy side, but they know how to mix a number of different kinds of magics, acrobatics, and theatre to the show. It really is quite beautiful.” She smiled at him brightly at the idea. “I could see if they have a show later tonight if that sounds appealing to you? Or was there a magic in particular that you wanted to see?” She asked, leaning forward on the table as she placed her chin against the back of her hand, her gaze suggestive and tempting.
    Salem Bones
    Salem Bones

Character sheet
    Health Bar:
    Armor Bar:

Post by Salem Bones Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:01 am

"I'm sorry, you have a what?" Salem asked, the coffee cup an inch from his lips as he was about to take a sip but pulled it away when Rune mentioned she had a private box at a theatre. "That's impressive. How did they get their hands on that?" The notion of Rune's family being super important people what with Rune's profession was rather jarring. Although he supposed that wasn't all that uncommon even in the human world.

"...Not a fan of bowling, huh?" Salem asked apprehensively as he could almost see Rune's skin physically crawl at the suggestion. Salem had dressed more on the slightly more casual side this day, as he had expected a casual outing as usual until Silky had canceled, whereas Rune really did herself up. In retrospect it wasn't a good suggestion. "Y- yeah, you're right. Don't worry about it, I'm not married to the idea of bowling. I'm kind of new to this 'free time' thing." He said, handwaving his own suggestion. "Up until I got to this city I've been swamped with work. Though I guess I've no one to blame but myself. I'm a bit of a workaholic. Here's hoping I can change that here, though."

Rune then turned the subject to the topic of street performers, which provoked a rare honest chuckle from Salem. "Street mages?" Salem asked with a raised brow. "Back in my world we have the same, but it's all smoke and mirrors. I didn't think they'd exist here what with actual magic being a thing. Does anybody get impressed by them?" Rune then mentioned something about what kind of magic he wanted to see, emphasizing the word "magic" as she leaned slightly towards him. Here things were starting to click. Rune dressing up so nicely, Silky being conspicuously absent, running her foot up his leg, et cetera, his face grew flustered once again. It was really hard not to jump to the conclusion that she was making moves on him. Or, it was Rune being Rune again. Dammit, why was it so hard to tell with her? Either way, now he was feeling underdressed.

"I, um... I suppose a trip down the boardwalk does sound nice… It'll give me another chance to see more. O-of this city." Salem clumsily added, clearing his throat, reaching for a glass of water though there was only the coffee cup to drink from, so he gave up on that idea. He did clasp his hands around the coffee cup, though as he began to think about phrasing what sort of magic he wanted to see. He knew that, despite Rune's tone as she said it, it was a genuine question and one that needed a response. "Well I'd, uh… I'm not sure where to start. I suppose any magic you can show me will be new to me." He said, giving a vague answer but then specifying further: "But… Do you know if there's something like, say, dream magic? It probably sounds like fairy tale nonsense - as if most of what I'm hearing isn't that to me already - but I'm curious to know if there's magic that can alter what a person dreams."

Once the waitress appeared with the bill, Salem promptly reached into his wallet to pay for it. It was mostly habit, but he also may as well spend the tip he got from the advertisement job on something.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:12 am