Eyls'ayn

Welcome to the Eyls'ayn City. Please give your credentials to enter.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Eyls'ayn

Welcome to the Eyls'ayn City. Please give your credentials to enter.

Eyls'ayn

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the supernatural City of Eyls'ayn, the culmination of creatures that most people in our world deem mythical. However, they are very real. And they mix often with humans.

Come to Our Discord Channel

Latest topics

» Marking Our Turf [Level 0]
Barghest - Race I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2019 11:22 am by Moody

» Just Another Smokey Bar
Barghest - Race I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2019 8:47 am by Patience Rose

» Hogwarts High
Barghest - Race I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 3:30 pm by Guest

» Family for the day.(level 0)
Barghest - Race I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2019 6:28 pm by Saphire

» Please Hire Me [Mission Request]
Barghest - Race I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 4:20 pm by Katharine Arachne

» Please Hire Me
Barghest - Race I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 4:08 pm by Katharine Arachne

» Getting Through Customs (Completed)
Barghest - Race I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 10:03 pm by Saphire

» Marking Our Turf [Level 0] (Taken by Moody)
Barghest - Race I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 5:29 pm by Moody

» So um like... Ads? (level 0) (Finished)
Barghest - Race I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 5:25 pm by Moody

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 174 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:29 am

Remember to Vote

Top RP Sites

2 posters

Barghest - Race

Rune Tyche
    Rune Tyche

Character sheet
    Group: Employed
    Health Bar:
    Barghest - Race Left_bar_bleue30/30Barghest - Race Empty_bar_bleue  (30/30)
    Armor Bar:
    Barghest - Race Left_bar_bleue0/0Barghest - Race Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Barghest - Race Empty Barghest - Race

Post by Rune Tyche Sun May 12, 2019 11:08 am

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Race Name: Barghest

Race Classification: Fae, Beast

Pantheon or Origin: Gaelic

Life Span: Unknown

Alignment: Neutral to Evil

Description/Forms: Barghests have their usually human form as well as being able to take a ghostly dog-like form. Size and breeds vary depending on the barghest and the ancestry, but they are all black, sometimes missing skin or flesh and with different variations of fae magic.

Abilities, Magic, extra skill:
    *Skill/Magic/Abilities: Fae Magic – This can be any kind of fae magic, but it’s usually fire based. It can be a number of different colors.
    *Skill/Magic/Abilities: Death Inducement (Curse) – Barghest can have a nasty habit of cursing those that cross their paths, usually cursing them to death, though not always, sometimes it’s just bad luck. We won’t be using actual death inducement in this roleplay due to the obvious godmodding that would go with it, but it is worth noting. You may curse a someone to roll unproficient no matter if they have proficiency in the skill for three turns
    *Skill/Magic/Abilities: Fear Inducement – Due to their size and shape and everything else that’s just all around terrifying, Barghest can cause a great fear to another character that has a weaker mind. You may fear creatures that don’t have a strong mind, making them unable to approach you to attach for three turns.
    *Skill/Magic/Abilities: Kinship – Barghests are dogs, and thus can roll a proficient with rolls that are against canines.
    *Skill/Magic/Abilities: Intangibility – As a fae creature, they can take an incorporeal form and shift through certain objects. Used at the Staff’s discretion.

Lore: Barghest are monstrous dogs in Northern English folklore with large teeth and claws and often take ghostly forms. They have appeared in many different stories and are called many different names, like The Black Shuck, The Black Dog, Padfoot, and Cù-sìth. The Barghest is often associated with the Devil or a Hellhound. It is generally supposed to be larger than a normal dog, and often has large, glowing eyes, often associated with electrical storms, crossroads, places of execution and ancient pathways.

Barghests are almost universally regarded as malevolent, and are said to be directly harmful. Its appearance was regarded as a portent of death, while exact abilities vary wildly between different variations. They often serve as an omen of death. At the passing of a notable person, the Barghest may appear, followed by all the other dogs of the local area in a kind of funeral procession, heralding the person's death with howling and barking.

However, Barghests are unable to enter blessed or holy ground and some may even be unable to handle blessed objects. As you may guess, light magic also really messes with their bodies and powers.

Pictures:
    Spoiler:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dungeon Master
    Dungeon Master
    Admin

Character sheet
    Group:
    Health Bar:
    Barghest - Race Left_bar_bleue999999/999999Barghest - Race Empty_bar_bleue  (999999/999999)
    Armor Bar:
    Barghest - Race Left_bar_bleue999999/999999Barghest - Race Empty_bar_bleue  (999999/999999)

Barghest - Race Empty Re: Barghest - Race

Post by Dungeon Master Sun May 12, 2019 11:16 am

Barghest - Race Approved-1966719_960_720_1

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:24 pm