Eyls'ayn

Welcome to the Eyls'ayn City. Please give your credentials to enter.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Eyls'ayn

Welcome to the Eyls'ayn City. Please give your credentials to enter.

Eyls'ayn

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the supernatural City of Eyls'ayn, the culmination of creatures that most people in our world deem mythical. However, they are very real. And they mix often with humans.

Come to Our Discord Channel

Latest topics

» Marking Our Turf [Level 0]
Getting Through Customs (Completed) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2019 11:22 am by Moody

» Just Another Smokey Bar
Getting Through Customs (Completed) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2019 8:47 am by Patience Rose

» Hogwarts High
Getting Through Customs (Completed) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 3:30 pm by Guest

» Family for the day.(level 0)
Getting Through Customs (Completed) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2019 6:28 pm by Saphire

» Please Hire Me [Mission Request]
Getting Through Customs (Completed) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 4:20 pm by Katharine Arachne

» Please Hire Me
Getting Through Customs (Completed) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 4:08 pm by Katharine Arachne

» Getting Through Customs (Completed)
Getting Through Customs (Completed) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 10:03 pm by Saphire

» Marking Our Turf [Level 0] (Taken by Moody)
Getting Through Customs (Completed) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 5:29 pm by Moody

» So um like... Ads? (level 0) (Finished)
Getting Through Customs (Completed) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 5:25 pm by Moody

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 174 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:29 am

Remember to Vote

Top RP Sites

3 posters

Getting Through Customs (Completed)

Katharine Arachne
    Katharine Arachne

Character sheet
    Group: Self Employed
    Health Bar:
    Getting Through Customs (Completed) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue30/30Getting Through Customs (Completed) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (30/30)
    Armor Bar:
    Getting Through Customs (Completed) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Getting Through Customs (Completed) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Getting Through Customs (Completed) - Page 2 Empty Re: Getting Through Customs (Completed)

Post by Katharine Arachne Wed May 22, 2019 3:58 pm

Focusing on her doing her best to continue on without letting her current audience distract her from her work. However she could not help, but feel a sense of pride at how her work captured the interest of a group that seemed so distant from one another.

Another party working just as diligently, a human man in a uniform filling out a sheet of paper Katharine had never seen before. At the rate of his performance, she would hardly have any time to work on her cloth, but another event proved more of a hindrance to her work than the Man's amazing performance. One of the two children that were enticed by the Young Arachne's work tripped own her own untied shoe. Kathrine quickly stowed away her equipment and draped her cloth over her should before catching the young girl, saving her from a preappointed date with the floor. Receiving thanks from the child, Kathrine placed her back down noting that the clothing she wore on her feet was untied. " Your welcome, but please be careful".

Overhearing that her number would soon be called, she had time to answer and spend time with the two human children that were so curious about what she was making, but what made Kathrine more happy was that they did not shy away from her nor run away from her, she would have to make sure she thanked Mr.Hellsing again for directing her to Eyls'ayn.

"Silk cloth for when I make clothes in the future".

"It is very soft and light, however it also it very strong".

"You may, but I have a better Idea".

While more than happy to entertain the children, the Young Arachne denoted this as a perfect opportunity for advertising her skills through the children. Spinning a rope for the two of them to play with Katharine hoped that the two for them spoke to their parents and friends about her.

Racial Skill Used: Silk Creation
    Dungeon Master
    Dungeon Master
    Admin

Character sheet
    Group:
    Health Bar:
    Getting Through Customs (Completed) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue999999/999999Getting Through Customs (Completed) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (999999/999999)
    Armor Bar:
    Getting Through Customs (Completed) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue999999/999999Getting Through Customs (Completed) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (999999/999999)

Getting Through Customs (Completed) - Page 2 Empty Re: Getting Through Customs (Completed)

Post by Dungeon Master Wed May 22, 2019 3:58 pm

The member 'Katharine Arachne' has done the following action : Rolls

'Proficent' :
    Getting Through Customs (Completed) - Page 2 IERDT6W
    Katharine Arachne
    Katharine Arachne

Character sheet
    Health Bar:
    Getting Through Customs (Completed) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue30/30Getting Through Customs (Completed) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (30/30)
    Armor Bar:
    Getting Through Customs (Completed) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Getting Through Customs (Completed) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Post by Katharine Arachne Wed May 22, 2019 4:21 pm

Rerolling failed Silk Ceation Skill check.
    Dungeon Master
    Dungeon Master
    Admin

Character sheet
    Group:
    Health Bar:
    Armor Bar:

Post by Dungeon Master Wed May 22, 2019 4:21 pm

'Proficent' :
    Saphire
    Saphire
    Admin

Character sheet
    Group:
    Health Bar:
    Getting Through Customs (Completed) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue20/20Getting Through Customs (Completed) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
    Armor Bar:

Post by Saphire Fri May 24, 2019 2:33 pm

Well Katharine, you try to spin your web, but is it stage fright or something else from the sudden attention by so many people? Either way, your rope doesn’t impress the children or anyone else for that matter. Even when you try it again, it still is less than the perfection from before and the children’s smiles waver, confusion on their faces. Your skills aren’t quite as impressive as they first thought, or they’re just being fickle children when it comes to how long something keeps their attention.

The next number is called, so you may either roll some kind of charisma check in order to keep them enthralled or use your problem solving to see if you can maybe figure out why your rope isn’t coming out like you want it to. Or you can try  something else if you would prefer? If you can make it work, you can roll anything you desire to keep them entertained.

Three more numbers to go.
    Katharine Arachne
    Katharine Arachne

Character sheet
    Health Bar:
    Armor Bar:

Post by Katharine Arachne Fri May 24, 2019 6:04 pm

Mistakes are bound to happen, as no one is perfect, and after working on the cloth perhaps a rest is all that is needed. Unfortunately for Katharine, her desire to promote her work and gain networking from the others around her was fading even more so after her second attempt to correct her mistake. With her audience turning against her the Arachne needed to think fast in order to save the lacklustre ending to her performance. Handing the partly finished cloth slung over her should, she figured that she could at least show the quality of a partly finished product, and with three more ahead of her she had plenty of time to answer any further inquiries from the children.

"I've have forgotten to eat recently with all of the travel and excitement upon hearing of Eyls'ayn. However, it is my fault for forgetting to eat". Playing off her mistake as an exception to her skills, Katharine smiled as she focused on the two children to gauge their reactions towards the quality of her silk. While most would care less of the opinions of children this is the first time Katharine has been able to interact with humans other than them running away in terror. First impressions are key and the Young Arachne wanted to put her best foot forward even if there were a few bumps along the way.

Skills Used: Monsterious Charisma
    Katharine Arachne
    Katharine Arachne

Character sheet
    Health Bar:
    Armor Bar:

Post by Katharine Arachne Fri May 24, 2019 6:04 pm

Forgot to roll for charisma
    Dungeon Master
    Dungeon Master
    Admin

Character sheet
    Group:
    Health Bar:
    Armor Bar:

Post by Dungeon Master Fri May 24, 2019 6:04 pm

'Unproficient' :
    Saphire
    Saphire
    Admin

Character sheet
    Group:
    Health Bar:
    Getting Through Customs (Completed) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue20/20Getting Through Customs (Completed) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
    Armor Bar:

Post by Saphire Tue May 28, 2019 7:28 pm

Sorry, Katharine. The kids aren’t buying what you’re trying to lay down. They take the partially finished work in their hands, surprised by the super thin and somehow strong piece of cloth, and also by how extremely soft it is. Despite your blunder with the rope and with your failed attempt at shrugging it off, they are still enamored with your previous work.

The next person is called up, making one person ahead of you in line.

The little girl looks back up at you with a wide smile. “Are you from around here?” She asks before the little boy tries to take the cloth from her begins to tug at it.

“Give it here, Shirley! I wanna show momma!” He says as he tries to tug it from her hands.

“No, it’s not ours! We have to astt fiwst!” She argues with him and somehow keeps a grasp on the spider silk. Luckily for you, it’s strong enough to withstand a bit of tugging between two children.

You may handle this situation however you like, but go ahead and roll me a Vision or Dexterity check on your next roll, please?
    Katharine Arachne
    Katharine Arachne

Character sheet
    Health Bar:
    Armor Bar:

Post by Katharine Arachne Wed May 29, 2019 5:33 pm

Dealing with children was difficult enough without having them judge your work. While feeling mildly irritated at her overly critical audience, Katharine kept calm as she still wanted to make a good impression and understood that children are brutally honest. However, seeing their astoundment at the texture and weight of the silk made dealing with them worth it.

Overhear another number called her time would soon be at hand. While two still needed to be severed before her, she had not thought of a way to exit the conversation with the children yet. Snapped her attention back to the children as the little girl asked her question. " No my family and I were born in Greece I came here as I heard this was a great place to start a life". Omitting the fact that she found this place after being hunted down by Witcher, was probably a good idea as she did not want to upset the children.

While preparing herself to answer questions about her country the short and fickle nature of children quickly changed the topic as they began to fight over the silk. The boy wanted to show his Mother and the Girl reminded him that it's not his to take and show. While the Girl was in the Right Kathrine was unsure of how to deal with the situation at hand. Staring at the two nervously as she did not want to cause a scene, by taking the silk away nor did she want to concede to the Boy's wishes as it would enforce bad behaviour. " Your Sister is correct, please let's stop fighting". Meekly speaking out at the siblings it's was clear that the Young Arachne was not use to dealing with children. Still trying to stop the fighting Katharine looked around as to try and find the parents to help stop the children.

Skill Used: Advanced Vision

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 10:18 pm